Please note that the terms are negotiable in individual cases. If, for example, you want to use the content on a non-public website, please get in touch.
- By using the API you agree to these terms. If you do not agree to these terms you have no permission to use the API or the content it provides.
- The words "we" and "I" in this agreement shall be read to include the singulars "I" and "me" when applicable to the contracting parties.
- For the avoidance of doubt, your use of the API includes access to the API from client devices and software running scripts or other software embedded on your site.
- These terms may be varied by posting new terms on this page: http://moneyterms.co.uk/about/content/terms. You will be deemed to accept a variation if you continue to use the API after the variation has been posted.
- Every use of a glossary entry must have a clearly legible link back to the full article on moneyterms.co.uk.
- If you choose to use the full API to keep a copy of the glossary on your own site, you may link to that copy instead, but each defintion in the copy must have a spiderable link to the full article on moneyterms.co.uk.
- Your usage of the service should not exceed the current usage guidelines (see below).
- you are hereby granted a non-transferable limited licence to use the information provided by the API to use the definitions on a public website with citation in the form of links back to moneyterms.co.uk as described above. You may not use the information in any other way without prior permission.
- Your site most contain a notice of the copyright in the definitions.
- Nothing in this agreement gives you any ownership of the work provided, or use on a public website as provided above.
- You may not sublicense, redistribute or otherwise make available, the content except as specifically provided by this agreement.
- Your must stop using the service, or any particular use of the service, immediately, if requested to do so.
- You may not use the service in anyway likely to cause excessive load or otherwise interefere with delivery of the service to others.
- You may not attempt to scan, probe, test for vulnerabilities, tamper with, interefere with, or disrupt the service.
- If you become aware of any disruption, interference, or vulnerabilities likely to be cause by your use of the API, you must immediately either prevent this or end your use of the API.
- Your use of, and any reliance on, the API and Content is at your own risk.
- We hereby exclude liability for indirect, special or consequential damages, even if you have previously advised us of the possibility of such damages. In addition, we will not be liable for any loss of revenue, profits, opportunity or data arising in connection with your access to API or use of API Content.
- We hereby exclude liability for the consequences of any inaccuracy, interruptions or errors in the API Content or API. We are not obliged to make any particular API Content available to you via API or by any other means. We will not be liable in any circumstances to your end users of API Content.
- You indemnify us against any losses caused by your use of the API or the content provided.
- API keys or other identifying informationissued to you must be kept private.
- API keys may be withdrawn at any time.
- This agreement is governed by English law and the parties agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
Usage levels for API
- Usage of the API for fetching specific definitions is limited to one HTTP request to the API per page view of a page which uses the definitions.
- Usage of the API for fetching the entire glossary must be of a reasonably frequency to check for changes, and the data sent cached on your server, with reasonable additional useage for testing and development.